Thursday, March 7, 2013

Reminder: Play Nice, Report Problems through Proper Channels

7C & PICU Staff,

Just a friendly reminder to please play nice with the other units.  I know it can be very frustrating to receive a less than adequate report or have "critical" patients come up with no IV access, drinking a bottle, when they are being admitted for respiratory distress.  I also know that sometimes others are intimidated by the critical care staff because we ask very thorough questions....even though we are not trying to be intimidating and are being great nurses and patient advocates.  I PROMISE you, I will follow up on all of these cases to ensure all of our patients receive the best care throughout the continuum.  Please just smile, be friendly, and make a note of the issues, patient name, MRN, and where they came from.  If you will pass that information on to me or Amelia in a timely manner, we can follow up in real time.  Please let me know if you have additional questions.  I am particularly interested in patients who come in with no attempts at IV access when an IV is warranted by their diagnosis or condition.

You guys give awesome care and I don't want that to be overshadowed by any misconstrued behavior.

Thanks, Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment