Tuesday, March 19, 2013

GOOD NEWS!

PICU: Great job with the bedside safety checklists.  As promised, you no longer need to fill out the paper checklist.  You must, however, continue to perform the double check together and make a sticky note in your shift change check box in McKesson stating "bedside safety check complete".  I will go back to daily audits and if I find more mistakes, we will go back to paper checklists.  Thanks for your cooperation with this.
7C: Your turn!  I will be rolling out shift-change checklists that need to be signed by both nurses during hand off starting tomorrow, 3/20/2013.  The purpose of this checklist is to have both nurses checking the patient/alarms/equipment together to ensure the safety of our patients.  I'll be here early for the rest of the week to introduce these, and answer any questions.  I'll also be coming around daily to audit the checklists. 
Thanks Everyone!
-Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment